3D Vision System for Self bag drop
The MyCheckTM Baggage Inspection is a multi-camera vision system for self bag drop applications. It was firstly designed to operate in an hybrid check-in, but it can be easily reconfigured for a completely automatic check-in or for retro-fit applications.
- Measurement: it measures the 3D bag bounding box to check whether this fits the airline company policy.
- Intrusion analysis (patented): it checks whether the passenger tries to tamper the bag weight measurement during the weighing stage or to collect the bag during the dispatching.
- Integrity analysis: it archives one or more RGB images and a 3D coloured point cloud of the bag to verify its integrity at the time of dispatch in case of a passenger’s complaint.
- Exposed handle detection: it verifies if a bag handle is exposed.
- Soft bag analysis: it checks whether the bag can be dispatched as is or must be placed within a tub.
- Safety analysis: it checks whether a person (with special care for babies and children) tries to walk on the conveyor belt.